Monday 14 January 2013

track 003 - a new week

It's the third week of a new year! Let's see what I've planned for this week's posts - I'm really excited! This is going to be a good week.

- I'm starting my dance classes tomorrow - I'm both a bit nervous and really looking forward to them! Let's see if I feel like going again after the first class... I haven't done any organized hobbies since I was 17, I think! Gosh!

- Tomorrow, 15.1.2013  is the day I've been looking forward to for pretty much the whole time I've been in this school (since September 2011, that is). What happens then? The application period for abroad exchange starts! I'm planning on following my application process and exchange period from choosing a school to filing in the final report after returning.

Here we go!

- I cleaned up my stationery and supplies, so one day this week I'll be showing how I store my letter-writing stuff. It took a long time to find a system that works, but I think I'm on the right track now!

- And, of course, I plan on tracking my in- and outcoming mail. Before going to school today I'm sending off two envelopes - one to Germany and one to Japan - with tag stuff in them. They're not specifically pretty or fascinating envelopes, and it didn't occur to me to photograph them before sealing the envelopes, so you're not getting any pictures, sorry! If I send or receive anything more exciting, pictures will follow.

I hope you will all have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Anni
    It is so nice to hear someone who writes proper letters. I do miss getting them from friends & family. There is something rather exciting about getting a real letter. I think everyone has become rather lazy and just picks up the phone these days. I hope the dance class is fun; you don’t say what type of dancing you will be doing. Good luck with the student exchange I hope you manage to get to the Netherlands. Your swapbot partner MummySew x http://mummysew.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!

      I've heard the same from so many people - that they miss getting real letters. The easiest way to get mail is to send mail: try writing a post card or a letter to a friend or family member! I'm sure they'd love it, and would be excited to reply. It's true that it's seen as 'troublesome' or 'slow' to correspond by letters, but it is also kind of magical. (:

      Thank you for the good luck wishes! I'll be telling more about the dance class after I've been there tonight!

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the exchange application! I really wish I'd had the chance to do this as it sounds like it will be a great adventure for you :)

    (itsallshiny)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope it will be an adventure for sure! (:

      Delete